In the next month, Oregon Thespians statewide will begin preparing their participation in the 2014 State Festival: EVERYONE’S A THESPIAN. The State Festival is April 3-5 in Salem. Opportunities abound, and the deadline to participate in almost all of them is MARCH 6TH!
Here is your “Before March 6th” To Do List:
- Register for State (this involves a lot, actually, including preparing a workshop or one-act, and organizing Tech entries). Troupe Directors complete the online registration for state by clicking here to go to the registration site. You can save your work and return to your registration any time before March 6. Remember that seating in the Elsinore Theatre is determined in the order full payment is received. The State Festival requires advance payment (before Spring Break).
- If you had entries qualify for the State Showcase Auditions at State on April 3, click here to confirm participation and to receive an audition time.
- Students! Consider applying for an Oregon Thespians Scholarship. Click here for Scholarship details.
- Students again! Consider running for the position of State Thespian Officer (STO) working as part of the Thespian Board, planning and executing next year’s exciting roster of events and opportunities. Click here for STO info.
- Troupe Directors! Nominations are now open! You can nominate yourself or others for one of the three Board positions that will be elected this year, or for Oregon’s career achievement award, The Melba Day Sparks Henning Award. Click here to nominate someone online.
- Troupe Directors again! Funding is available through the Melba Day Sparks Henning Fund to support your participation in the EdTA Annual Conference in July (this year in Cincinnati). Click here for more information.
- Troupes! Was there something about this year that made it special? Did you face new challenges, contribute to new solutions, or otherwise focus your resource in a way above and beyond your typical success? Apply for Honor Troupe by clicking here and preparing a presentation at State.
All of the above have an application/registration deadline of March 6 (this is a postmark deadline for any mailed items, online registration closes at midnight that night).
Stay tuned! There’s no time to dance in the end zone following last weekend’s victories … the Adventure Continues! Go to it!