Looking for a way to give your Troupe Leadership some direction? Read on!
Several ambitious Oregon Thespian Troupe Directors gathered together last summer to create a leadership camp experience for their Troupe leaders. It was a terrific success, and CAMP THESPIS was born! Check out the information here, and then contact Jo Lane at Roosevelt HS with any questions. There are several handouts available here, including General Information and a Registration Form!
THIS YEAR’S CAMP THESPIS IS AUGUST 19-21. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!
CAMP THESPIS is intended for Troupe Directors and Student Leadership to attend together.
Another terrific State Festival is in the history books! And it took a community of contributions to make it all happen.
Thanks to all!
And congratulations to our new Oregon Thespians Leadership. In the “pie-crazy” finale of our closing event, we recognized our new STO, but neglected to announce to students (the adults already knew) that Jessica Murray of West Linn HS will be joing the Adult Board for a two-year term.
Most importantly, though, we neglected to give special recognition to Zena, who is rotating off The Board at the end of three consecutive two-year terms. Her six years of leadership and guidance only scratch the surface of her contributions to Oregon Thespians, and we know she will continue to play a valuable role in our future. Thank you, Zena!
- The complete schedule is now available online, including workshop and one-act descriptions. You will receive a printed version when you check in at State, but look ahead now to a full weekend of theatrical thrills!
- Remember that all participants must have a CODE OF CONDUCT FORM and a MEDICAL RELEASE FORM signed and in their Troupe Director’s possession upon arrival. Click here to download and print!
- Several workshops give participants the opportunity to work on prepared songs or monologues. If possible, bring along copies of monologues you would like to work on, or music for songs you hope to workshop. Bringing along monologue or song materials will help participants make the most of opportunities!
- Each Troupe is able to register up to three students to audition for a special performance opportunity in Lincoln during the International Thespian Festival. Troupe Directors have more info in their email.
Get ready to have a GREAT STATE! See you Thursday!
Is your Parade of Troupes slide in? Get the info and submit it before Spring Break. Click here.
There are LOTS of ways to contribute to the success of this year’s State Festival. Talk to your Troupe about serving as timers, street guides, game room hosts, etc.
Get ready for as much theatre action as is legally possible … at LEGALLY STATE!
Click here for a preliminary STATE schedule!
March 7 is the deadline for the following tasks! Click the link to get ’em done!
PARADE OF TROUPES slides are due by Spring Break. We will post contact information for the PARADE OF TROUPES and ETIQUETTE VIDEO coordinators (where you need to send them) next week.
TROUPE DIRECTORS are reminded to click here to nominate colleagues for State Board positions, as well as for the Melba Day Sparks Henning Award.
March 7 is the deadline for just about everything remaining in the 2012-2013 Thespian Year:
There’s more information forthcoming (especially about Honor Troupe) … but look ahead to March 7 and get it done! Remember that seating in the Elsinore Theatre at State is determined by the order in which your payment is received.
Take a look at the information across the website, and let us know if you have any questions!
Several important items are topics of discussion for the Regional’s Troupe Director and Troupe Presidents meeting. A brief recap/update:
- All Showcase Qualifiers must have their participation in the 2013 Showcase Auditions confirmed by their Troupe Director. This can be done online by clicking here.
- Student Scholarship Applications are now available for download. You can use one application to apply for any of the various scholarshops Oregon Thespians offers. The postmark deadline is March 7.
- Students wishing to run for STO will find updated application materials online within a week of Regionals.
- Likewise, the new Honor Troupe process will be updated online following the incorporation of details discussed at our Troupe Director meeting.
- Thespian “Teamware” shirts can be ordered by using this form. One order per Troupe, for shirts to be delivered at State.
We hope everyone has/had a GREAT REGIONALS DAY!
Thespians from throughout Oregon will gather at three Regional events this Saturday to celebrate the tremendous work being done by High School theatre artists across the state … and to answer the age-old question: If a Thespian comes out on stage and sees his shadow, how many more weeks will we have to endure this winter weather?
Everyone will be hearing from their Tournament Coordinator this week with numbers to assign their entries. Remember to hand in a list of the NAMES that go with each number when you check in on Saturday (please double check accuracy, spelling, and legibility).
Please review THESE IMPORTANT CHANGES one more time, including the new furniture allotment. The only events that will have access to a table are GROUP events and PANTOMIME (we haven’t changed anything there).
The new ballots are posted and available for viewing and download.
And don’t forget to wear your PROFESSIONAL BLACKS. We’re giving a trial run to the new NIES rule that all entrants must be dressed in black. It’s not required in Oregon … we just want to see what all the fuss is about. So, if possible, get your black on so we can make an educated decision about whether or not to adopt this new National rule here (protesting by wearing all pink, though funny, would be counter-productive … and considered a costume). You can, of course, simply dress according to the previous guidelines.
Come on Saturday with a true Thespian spirit of — as our student leaders defined in their goals for this year — “Unity Over Competition.” Let’s celebrate each other and have a terrific event!
January is like Tech Week … so many things coming together in preparation for a big upcoming event! See you on February 2nd at REGIONALS!